Skip to product information
1 of 1

Full Red | France

M. Chapoutier Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne

M. Chapoutier Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne

Dry, spicy, hearthy

Regular price ₱5,400
Regular price ₱0 Sale price ₱5,400
Sale Sold out

Varietal: Syrah
ABV: 14%
Origin: Rhone Valley, France
Appellation: Hermitage

Size: 750ml

 

Accolades

95 points, Robert Parker
94 points, Wine Enthusiast

Taste Notes

Eyes: Garnet
Nose: Red fruits, raspberry, blackcurrant, liquorice
Mouth: Round, elegant, concentrated and supple tannins with a blackcurrant, raspberry, spicy (pepper) finish when young

How to Enjoy

Pair with roast beef.

Serving temperature: Room temp. at 16-20°C
Storage: Up to 3-5 days after opening

About this Product

18 months of aging, 85% of which is in oak barrels, which gives the wine woody notes. The remaining 15% are aged in concrete vats to preserve minerality and freshness.

View full details

About M. Chapoutier

The story began with Michel Chapoutier, a unique man with a thirst for knowledge, definitely one of a kind. Michel is openminded and always willing to learn. He seeks to discover and reflect the full potential of his terroirs and let the soils express their true character. That which gives the wines their signature style. This now forms the basis of the M. Chapoutier ethos and the team strives to reveal the very best of what the soils have to offer.

More from M. Chapoutier

1 of 4

About France

French wine is nearly synonymous with fine wine and all things epicurean, France has a culture of wine production and consumption that is deeply rooted in tradition. Many of the world’s most beloved grape varieties originated here, as did the concept of “terroir”—soil type, elevation, slope and mesoclimate combine to produce resulting wines that convey a sense of place.

Accordingly, most French wine is labeled by geographical location, rather than grape variety. So a general understanding of which grapes correspond to which regions can be helpful in navigating all of the types of French wine. Some of the greatest wine regions in the world are here, including Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhône and Champagne, but each part of the country has its own specialties and strengths.

More from France

1 of 4

About Syrah

Marked by an unmistakable deep purple hue and savory aromatics, Syrah, also known as Shiraz, accounts for a good deal of some of the most intense, powerful and age-worthy reds in the world.

Syrah once played a role as a blending partner to the austere Cabernet in Bordeaux as it added some body and texture. Now, Australians are fond of tempering their fruit-forward Shiraz by blending with Cabernet Sauvignon, which adds depth and structure.

Other wines like this

1 of 4